As our name suggests, the ISA fellowship was created to support individuals who have suffered the consequences of any one of the following betrayals in a relationship:
- Sexual or Emotional Affairs
- Pornography and Cybersex
- Compulsive Sexual Behavior / Sexual Addiction (e.g., prostitution, strip clubs, massage parlors, adult bookstores)
- Other Deviant Sexual Behavior
We affirm the following:
- We have experienced painful betrayals and our recovery is our responsibility.
- We recover when we choose to take care of ourselves.
- We take responsibility for our physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- We have all the tools needed to recover. We do not use excuses for not applying these tools.
- We are individuals, not extensions of our partners. Our partners’ personal issues do not qualify us as having a disease or an illness.
- While we work on our own unhealthy beliefs and behaviors, we do not share the responsibility for our partners’ infidelities.
- We focus on our own healing and do not ruminate on our partners’ behaviors.
- We focus on our own spiritual growth.